Welcome to my very first tutorial….which is frighteningly spooky.
Just in time for Halloween!!!
I’m going to show you how to make your very own spooky Franken Zombie. You can choose if you want to make it into a key ring, bag charm or just a cute little plush toy.
For this project you will need:
- Franken Zombie Template
- Pale green felt
- Black felt
- White felt
- Grey felt
- 2 red beads – approx 4mm
- Red embroidery floss
- Black embroidery floss
- Pale green embroidery floss
- Small amount of toy stuffing
- Craft glue
- Black necklace cord (if making a key ring or bag charm)
To download the template click on the thumbnail below and then right-click and “Save Image As…”. Save it to your computer and then print it at 100%.
- Print and cut out the zombie template (1)
- Pin the templates to the correct colour felt and cut out (2)
- Now you have your Franken Zombie pieces I’ll show you how to put him together like a real mad scientist, Mwahahaahhahaah!!!! (3)
- Now take the eye sockets and the eyeballs and glue them in place on Franken Zombie’s face, check the picture for correct placement. Thread your needle with two strands of red embroidery floss and sew a red bead in the centre of each eyeball to make the spooky, red pupils (4)
- Thread the needle with two strands of black embroidery floss and back-stitch a line from the top of Franken Zombie’s head and then stitch some uneven lines across to look like he’s had his face sewn together. Also stitch a small, down turned mouth and stitch across vertically (5)
- Thread the needle with two strands of pale green embroidery floss and stitch a small nose just above his mouth. Take the back piece of the head and match it up to the front and sew together using an over stitch around the edge, not forgetting to add the bolts (6)
- When you get to half way up, place his hair in between the two pieces of pale green felt and continue to sew around (7)
- If you are making a key ring or bag charm, place the necklace cord in the centre between the hair and the back piece of the head and sew into place (8)
- Leave a gap large enough for you to insert a small amount of toy stuffing into his head before sewing all the way around (9)
- Now you have finished his head it’s time to make his body (10)
- Place the two body pieces together and insert the arm in place. Sew around the edge with an over stitch. Sew the other arm piece in place and leave a small gap at the top of the body (11)
- Fill with a small amount of toy stuffing and then sew the body shut (12)
- Now all that’s left is to sew the head to the body (13) and then you will have a completed Franken Zombie!!
I hope you enjoyed making Franken Zombie with me and I look forward to your comments.
Franken Zombie and his friends are also available on my Etsy shop @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PeppersCrafts
Stay tuned for my next post which will be another Halloween Treat!!